Saturday, November 26, 2011

Who Doesn't Love a Good Project?

Ugh!  Projects!  Here are a list of just the ones I have on the brain right now.

Kitchen Backsplash.  As in, my kitchen is lacking one.  As in, I'm waiting for the character and personality that I believe a good tile backsplash will add.  But what is a good backsplash?  Seriously.  I have considered white subway tiles, but a male friend with some serious styling sense called it boring.  I have considered (in no priority, whatsoever): Aluminum mini subway tiles, glass mosaic, penny tiles, stone, marble, greys, whites, khakis... But yet I just can't seem to come to a choice.  Can you believe the DH has sanctioned this project and yet the ball is still sitting in my court?  I know.

Custom kitchen cabinets with seeded glass doors and crown-moulding on the cabinets to the ceiling.  Yes, I agree.  Dream-worthy.  *Sigh* But seriously, what a better use of space!  & it would take my builder-developer kitchen straight to the custom fabulosity that I covet.  & I could highlight my crazy-cat-lady collection of cake stands.  No really.  I'm that girl.

Random Kitchen Mini-Projects.  Like a farm sink.  Undermount lighting under the cabinets.  Interior lighting in the glass cabinets.  Grass cloth on the left-most counter that could be considered the little desk area to help delineate the space.  In general, I like to think that my kitchen was half done, and it's up to me to finish it.  Besides, DH doesn't mind mini-projects.  Like anything, mini-projects are much more easily signed off on than custom cabinets.

Building out the Entertainment Nook.  Our nook is bare!  It is literally a hole in the wall and I dream of a nice, built-in with cabinets and crown-moulding. Yes, the c-word keeps creeping up.  Character, character, character.  This is a 2012 project.  As in, DH would never sanction this project now.  & so I must patiently wait, biding my time with funner little projects that can be accomplished at the end of the year amidst the holidays.  Like...

Figuring out where to put the Christmas Tree.  Last year we put the Christmas tree in the front sitting room, but this year, I'm a little partial to putting it in this room, in the left corner (not shown in this fabulous photo to the right).  The pros of that are so that we can obviously enjoy the tree.  So often we throw our Christmas trees in the most formal of rooms, but never get to really enjoy the bad boys on a daily basis.  I want to be able to see my tree.  I want my babies to see the tree.  The one con to this is that the family room -- contrary to the name -- doesn't offer much room.  So it may not be a bad idea to put the tree in the front sitting room, possibly at an angle so that we can enjoy the view of those lovely, twinkling lights from the kitchen.  Yes, I think I like that idea.

Christmas Gift Projects.  Oooh, I can't wait to share these.  We shall have to see if my brilliant gift idea comes to fruition, or if I'll be schlepping myself to Target two days before in utter degradation and failure.  It remains to be seen for now.  I hate to be so cryptic.  Seriously!  I can't wait to blog about my Christmas gift ideas.  They are so dorky and Martha, I just. can't. take. it.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment